Recognized as an industry leader in health and wellness design for the workplace and home, Laura Britt heads one of the region’s most successful and versatile full-service interior design firms. Ms. Britt, a registered interior designer, also holds a Master of Architecture degree from the University of Texas School of Architecture with an emphasis in sustainability. In addition to managing her design practice, she founded her own American-made, modern furniture company focused on creating low-emitting healthy furnishings for use in commercial and residential settings.
Previously in her career, she successfully managed and designed large-scale commercial interior design and architecture projects as the Interior Designer for the Air Force Academy. She and her firm have extensive experience in Residential, Multi-family, Student Living, Commercial Offices, Hospitality, as well as Governmental and Higher Educational projects. She currently serves on the Advisory Council for the University of Texas School of Architecture and supports education about health, wellness and sustainability as related to the built environment. She resides in Austin, TX in a LEED Platinum certified home with her family.
Laura Britt Design is an award-winning, full-service studio, specializing in turnkey services for our clients’ interior design projects, including: health and wellness consultation, architectural review, brand integration, project management, project investment planning, budget compliance, procurement and logistics management, and installation oversight.
By integrating architectural and interior design solutions, Ms. Britt and her design team create transformative spaces that are both functional and inviting. Client interaction and attention to detail create the foundation for every project. By first listening to the client’s needs and desires, the team can then fully express those needs into individualized spaces which reflect the client’s personal aesthetic. At a pragmatic level, the firm combines forward thinking technology and best practices with internal process and project management to maximize organized efficiency. The collective expertise of Laura Britt Design gives every client attention to detail and superior service.
The firm has won numerous design awards, including Best in Show for her personal healthy home, and can be seen in several regional and national publications. In addition, Ms. Britt has been twice honored with the Distinguished Alumni Award from Oklahoma State University’s College of Human Environmental Sciences. In 2012, Ms. Britt was nominated for Woman Owned Business award from the Texas Women’s Chamber of Commerce.
SPEAKING / PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT
ASID National Distinguished Speaker on Health, Wellness and Sustainable Design (2015 – 2018 )
- Dwell on Design conference, Los Angeles, CA
- High Point Furniture Market, High Point, NC
- SCALE ASID Student Symposium, Norman, OK
- AIA Women in Architecture (2018)
- University of Texas Interior Design Program, Austin (2018)
- Texas Society of Architects Conference, Austin (2017)
- Austin Energy Green Building Green Boots Education Series (2014 – 2016)
- Earth Day Texas, Dallas Fair Grounds (2016)
- Visiting critic UT School of Architecture – ongoing as requested
- Visiting critic Texas State University – ongoing as requested
- Visiting critic Art Institute of Austin – ongoing as requested
- GoodLife healthy lifestyle podcast, 2017
- International Webcast, Give Property Soul (2016)
- Air Force Corona conference, Global Air Force Summit (1993)