Meet Our Team
SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER (Commercial)
Laura Britt Design, founded in 2001, is an award winning firm recognized as a leader in sustainability. We employ a complete team of interior designers and support staff to ensure every client experiences the turn-key service they deserve. Our bright and energetic team handles every detail, whether magnificent or mundane, with precision and the utmost care. We are known throughout the region for bringing calm to a process that can sometimes feel chaotic, and we pride ourselves on that. Client interaction and attention to detail create the foundation for every project. By first listening to the client’s needs and desires, we can understand what a client wants to achieve, and then fully express those needs and desires into individualized spaces. At a pragmatic level, we combine forward-thinking technology with best practices and organized internal processes in order to maximize efficiency. If you are a high-energy, self-driven individual looking for a career home in a dynamic, fast-moving design organization, we should talk!
Laura Britt Design is seeking an experienced Senior Commercial Interior Designer to join our fast growing, dynamic organization. The ideal candidate will have a passion for exceptional design and project management with a strong background in commercial design. The successful candidate will have proven leadership experience in overseeing the work of multiple designers along with excellent organization and communication skills.
The position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Responsibilities: The candidate must:
- Oversee commercial design projects which may include higher education, hospitality, Workplace/ office spaces, multi-family and other related projects
- Coordinate with internal and external clients to create design concepts, research design criteria as needed, and incorporate feedback and modifications as necessary
- Effectively manage deadlines, personnel and budgetary resources in order to deliver accurate, precise and descriptive designs
- Maintain excellent external client relationships through the company’s foundation of honesty, determination, technical excellence, and client focus
- Promote a positive and proactive attitude within Laura Britt Design, with clients, vendors, and other business partners
Minimum Requirements: The candidate will:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- Have 8-10 years commercial design experience; design team leadership experience strongly preferred
- Possess working knowledge of interior materials, finishes, and furnishings; sustainable design experience preferred
- Demonstrate ability to build and lead a team, and have the proven ability to achieve results personally and through others
- Have the proven ability to oversee multiple designers/projects in various stages with the capacity to prioritize tasks, shift priorities as needed, and maintain schedules
- Possess outstanding planning and organizational skills and the ability to complete difficult assignments without supervision
- Display a business development mindset and positive “can do, will do” attitude with a strong customer orientation
- Have exceptional attention to details skills with the ability to prioritize and adapt to changing client and internal needs
- Demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in a team environment and demonstrate cooperative behavior by actively participating in team projects
- Demonstrate proficiency in Revit; AutoCad, SketchUp, and/or Studio Webware experience a plus
- Have strong computer proficiency, preferably in Microsoft Office programs
To be considered for a design position, please submit your portfolio, a current resume and references to email@example.com.
We are currently interviewing for FALL 2017 Interns!
Internships are available throughout the year for students focusing on interior design and architecture. Interns are offered hands-on experience with residential and commercial projects.
To be considered for an intern position, please submit examples of design work, a current resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.